The Family of Little Bit of Faith Farm

The Family of Little Bit of Faith Farm
The Family that lives on Little Bit of Faith Farm

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Introducing ME -- things you might not know about Jami ---

Since it is a new year and new beginnings, I thought it would be a good idea to do a blog post that introduces you to Me -- so you know what makes me tick and why I like to share with all of you!!!!!

First, you need to know more than anything I love Jesus and strive to live my life to please Him!  But....like everyone I am a sinner (but I am saved by His GRACE) and fall short daily! But....my blog will always point to HIM!  I will not hide my faith!  I will not fail to share Him always!  He is the reason I live and the reason for everything I do!!!!!  May this blog and my life bring Him glory always!

Next up.......the man of my dreams.....I have been married to Mike for 21years.  It hasn't always been easy, and in fact, the last 4-5 years have been beyond tough.  But...this man loves me thru it all!  He loves Jesus and He loves us!  He works hard for us!  And...he continually puts up with all my crazy homesteading ideas!!!!!  Thankful to have him by my side in this journey we call life!!!!

photo credit to www.stillcreationsphotography.net



My kids.......God has blessed us with these 3 amazing children!  Being their momma here on earth is the best job in the world.  And...having them home with me every day to do school and learn to run the homestead is beyond priceless!!!  I love them and pray daily for much Grace as I strive to teach them nothing is more important than following God and being obedient to His calling on their lives!

My gifts from God!

Homesteading ---  many of you reading this will be laughing b/c you knew me 5+ years ago and are thinking "NO WAY!"  But.....it's true, making this small farm we rent a self sustainable homestead is my new passion in life!  This is nothing but from God bc a few years ago this city girl would NEVER have asked for any of this.  But...I would be nothing but lying if I told ya'll I didn't like this new journey God has us on.  I LOVE IT!!!  I love my chickens!  I love the rabbits!  I love my huge garden!  I love canning!  I love dehydrating!  I love being frugal!  I love DIY projects!  I love re-purposing and recycling to save us money!  Most of this blog will be dedicated to life on the homestead so I hope you all enjoy learning with me as I go!!!!!  And....making mistakes too!!!!

Making our own dishwasher detergents and soaps makes me smile and saves us $
A few of the chickens on the farm!!!!

I LOVE my dehydrator!!!!!!!!

KNITTING -- This is another new passion and while I could have lumped it into homesteading, I decided it deserved an entire spot by itself!!!  This is somethingI would never have enjoyed in my "past life" -- but I love knitting on my looms!!!!  It's my new therapy!!!

yarn makes me smile!!!!

And....when I knit....these guys usually join me for snuggle time!

Other things I like.......Being HOME!!!!  Being in my kitchen!!!!  Playing games with my family!   Fieldtrips!  Fires in my wood stove and our fire pit!  Shooting my guns!!  Doing my nails (yep farm girls like pretty nails too)!  Singing in choir!  Hiking in the mountains!  Power Walking!  Spending time with good friends!  An occasional glass of Elderberry wine!!!  My Plant Therapy essential oils!

100% pure essential oils at a fraction of the cost of many MLM oils!  Love them!!!!


So...that's a little about me!  Now as you read my posts, you will know my heart and why I do what I do!!!!  I hope this blog brings you inspiration and encouragement!  I hope you will enjoy our adventures as much as we do!  Thanks for joining us!!!

Blessings for a Happy Saturday -- 

Jami










2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jamie, ed here, You and your faith farm is amazing, the kids are growing up so well rounded. Your family is blessed, God Bless the Jann family .

Thehensonmom said...

Jami, I have enjoyed getting to know you through your Little Bit of Faith Farm fb page. I am thankful to call you my sweet friend. As I always say, I wish we lived closer....lol. You are amazing. I look forward to learning with you in 2015. Blessings to your family. Hugs!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I am just a mom - like so many others who may read this. But...I am living my dream. All I have ever wanted to do was to be a mommy. I am a mommy to 3 beautiful children. I hope others who read our blog will see how much we Love God, Love our family, Love homeschooling.and now Love our small homestead/farm! My prayer is to be the best Godly mom, wife, teacher, friend, sister, daughter,aunt...and whatever other roles God gives me along this journey. May I be faithful to the roles He has called me to do. And...may I do them as doing them unto the Lord!